Tuesday, January 15, 2013

mom's group v.2


One of my most favorite blog ladies and mama's, Bekah, is featured today on mom's group. I couldn't be happier. I adore Bekah's blog, My Little Loves, and she is a daily source of inspiration from her honest and vulnerable posts, to her boho fashion posts. She reminds me to live simply, be present, and that less really is more. She has a beautiful family, complete with two adorable daughter and lights up her little corner of the internet with light and love. 




Your name, children's names, and ages: Bekah, Ocean (3) and Luna (1)
1. How has being a mother inspired you? Oh man, being a mother has changed me in every way. I am inspired everyday to be kinder and more patient than I was the day before.
2. What is the greatest challenge of having a child? The above? Having to model what I am teaching. You can't teach someone patience if you aren't being patient. I struggle so much with that.
3. Is motherhood how you imagined it would be when you were pregnant? In some ways, yes and others no. Mostly, with Ocean. Her being my first and all. Ocean was a much, much more difficult baby than Luna, but being my first I always wondered if it were me. Was I doing something terribly wrong? Ocean never wanted to be cuddled, she was never really a baby. She wanted independence from a young age and that was very difficult for me to grapple with as a first time mom. 
4. How has your marriage been affected since becoming a parent? Since we have been parents almost from the moment we moved in together it can be hard to separate the experiences. Our marriage has survived a lot, kids do put more stress there but at the end of the day we are each others retreat. The one thing I miss is spontaneous trips together. I miss sleeping in and long nights spent together. Our life still has a lot of spontaneity and fun, but it is definitely something I miss on a daily basis.
5. How tidy is your home? (Come on! We all want to know!) In the middle. I try to keep it as minimalist as possible. I get rid of stuff constantly and we rarely go shopping. When we do I am very selective about what we will and won't buy. If you don't have much its hard for a house to get too overwhelmingly messy. I also try and keep chores done (tidying immediately after meals, laundry put away immediately, etc) and it helps a bunch. My girls room stays messy and so does my living room, it seems at least.
*BONUS* One line of your best advice for anyone expecting/new parents: Comparison is the thief of joy. Just enjoy every moment and don't compare it to what you expected or what it seems like others experiences are.
 Thanks so much Bekah! xo

7 comments:

  1. Love Bekah, and her blog. Great series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love :) and great to find a new blog to read xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely mommy and great interview. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love that Bekah! Loved the interview.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Webmaster,

    We are writing to alert you to the presence of harmful backlinks on your website.
    These links, that direct to knife-depot.com, were placed on your site by our former SEO management company.
    That company willfully violated Google’s Terms of Service, which resulted in a penalty being levied against our company.
    In order to remove this penalty, we must ask your assistance.
    Please delete the known backlinks to knife-depot.com, hosted on your site at:

    http://paperheartsandcranes.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html
    http://paperheartsandcranes.blogspot.com/2009/10/groom-style-groomsmen-gifts.html


    Your compliance with this request is greatly appreciate.
    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete